Friday, April 8, 2011

My Paul Simon setlist prediction for the new tour

Keep in mind, this is only my prediction, but I have given it a lot of thought and this is what I came up with.  There have been many clues, the press release says that he will have a dedicated keyboard player, Mick (Tony does a great job too).  The press release also says that he will do songs he has not done before or in a long time.  The previous post proves I was right about Mother & Child Reunion (pat on back...lol).  We have to keep it in perspective, although I was surprised that he did a lot of songs from the new album on Jimmy Fallon, a total of three (2 unexpected songs, including the web exclusive songs).  He obviously will not do Stranded in a Limosuine, but we can hope.  In fact if he did that song, I would piss myself.  Feel free to chime in, but as an avid follower for two decades now, I seem to be in tune with him.  So here goes:
Gumboots
*Mother & Child Reunion
Boy in the Bubble
Slip Sliding Away
One Man’s Ceiling is Another Man’s Floor
Spirit Voices
Proof
*So Beautiful
Me & Julio
Duncan
Train
*Can’t Run But
*Rewrite
*Kodachrome (normal version)
*The Afterlife
Loves Me Like a Rock
*Something So Right
*I Do It For Your Love
*The Coast
*Getting Ready
Mrs. Robinson/Not Fade Away
Graceland
-ENCORES-
Diamonds
Al
*Song for the Asking
Boxer
* denotes songs he has not done before, or in at least 10-ish years.  You’ll notice that it is a bit Rhythm of the Saints heavy, but that seems to be where he is these days, I’d also love to see some classic “singer songwriter” Paul Simon, so I put Something So Right and I Do It For Your Love and I would love a kick-ass classic version of Kodachrome, as stated above the last public performace of this song was a bit of a joke.  I would also love to see “Getting Ready For Christmas Day” even though it’s out of season, it’s such a great song with a powerful message.  Paul isn’t for changing the whole setlist up (like Jimmy Buffett), but he will change a couple songs throughout the set.  Here are a list of what I call floater songs that he can substitute songs like Spirit Voices, Duncan for: Father & Daughter, Cool Cool River, You're the One, Only Living Boy (for NYC), Hearts & Bones (in fact, play the whole album from start to finish) and That Was Your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment